(a) Purpose. The limited rate filing permitted by this section is intended to permit:
(1) A natural gas company subject to the Federal corporate income tax to reduce its maximum rates to reflect the decrease in the federal corporate income tax rate pursuant to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017; and
(2) A natural gas company organized as a pass-through entity either:
(i) To eliminate any income tax allowance and accumulated deferred income taxes reflected in its current rates; or
(ii) To reduce its maximum rates to reflect the decrease in the Federal income tax rates applicable to partners pursuant to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017.
(1) For purposes of paragraph (a)(1) of this section, a natural gas company organized as a pass-through entity all of whose income or losses are consolidated on the Federal income tax return of its corporate parent is considered to be subject to the Federal corporate income tax.
(2) Except as provided in paragraph (b)(3) of this section, any natural gas company with cost-based, stated rates may submit the limited rate filing permitted by this section.
(3) If a natural gas company has a rate case currently pending before the Commission in which the change in the Federal corporate income tax rate can be reflected, the public utility may not use this section to adjust its rates.
(c) Determination of rate reduction. A natural gas company submitting a filing pursuant to this section shall reduce:
(1) Its maximum reservation rates for firm service, and
(2) Its usage charge that includes fixed costs, and
(3) Its one-part rates that include fixed costs, by
(4) The percentage calculated consistent with the instructions to FERC Form No. 501-G prescribed by § 260.402 of this chapter.
(d) Timing. Any natural gas company filing to reduce its rates pursuant to this section must do so no later than the date that it files its FERC Form No. 501-G pursuant to § 260.402 of this chapter.
(e) Hearing issues.
(1) The only issues that may be raised by Commission staff or any intervenor under the procedures established in this section are:
(i) Whether or not the natural gas company may file under this section,
(ii) Whether or not the percentage reduction permitted in paragraph (c)(4) has been properly applied, and
(iii) Whether or not the correct information was used in that calculation.
(2) Any other issue raised will be severed from the proceeding and dismissed without prejudice.
[Order 849, 83 FR 36715, July 30, 2018]