(b) Implementation schedule for certain mariners. An applicant, who holds a Merchant Mariner Document (MMD) issued after February 3, 2003, and before April 15, 2009, or a Merchant Marine License (License) issued after January 13, 2006, and before April 15, 2009, must submit the information required in this section, but is not required to undergo the security threat assessment described in this part.
(c) Surrender of TWIC. The TWIC is property of the Transportation Security Administration. If an individual is disqualified from holding a TWIC under 49 CFR 1572.5, he or she must surrender the TWIC to TSA. Failure to surrender the TWIC to TSA may result in immediate revocation under 49 CFR 1572.5(b) and/or civil penalties.
(d) Continuing responsibilities. An individual who holds a TWIC must surrender the TWIC, as required in paragraph (a) of this section, within 24 hours if the individual -
(1) Is convicted of, wanted, under indictment or complaint, or found not guilty by reason of insanity, in a civilian or military jurisdiction, for a disqualifying criminal offense identified in 49 CFR 1572.103; or
(2) Is adjudicated as lacking mental capacity or committed to a mental health facility, as described in 49 CFR 1572.109; or
(3) Renounces or loses U.S. citizenship or status as a lawful permanent resident; or
(4) Violates his or her immigration status and/or is ordered removed from the United States.
(e) Submission of fingerprints and information.
(1) TWIC applicants must submit fingerprints and the information required in 49 CFR 1572.17, in a form acceptable to TSA, to obtain or renew a TWIC.
(f) Lost, damaged, or stolen credentials. If an individual's TWIC is damaged, or if a TWIC holder loses possession of his or her credential, he or she must notify TSA immediately.