(a) Surrender of HME. If an individual is disqualified from holding an HME under 49 CFR 1572.5(c), he or she must surrender the HME to the licensing State. Failure to surrender the HME to the State may result in immediate revocation under 49 CFR 1572.13(a) and/or civil penalties.
(b) Continuing responsibilities. An individual who holds an HME must surrender the HME as required in paragraph (a) of this section within 24 hours, if the individual -
(1) Is convicted of, wanted, under indictment or complaint, or found not guilty by reason of insanity, in a civilian or military jurisdiction, for a disqualifying criminal offense identified in 49 CFR 1572.103; or
(2) Is adjudicated as lacking mental capacity, or committed to a mental health facility, as described in 49 CFR 1572.109; or
(3) Renounces or loses U.S. citizenship or status as a lawful permanent resident; or
(4) Violates his or her immigration status, and/or is ordered removed from the United States.
(c) Submission of fingerprints and information.
(1) An HME applicant must submit fingerprints and the information required in 49 CFR 1572.9, in a form acceptable to TSA, when so notified by the State, or when the applicant applies to obtain or renew an HME. The procedures outlined in 49 CFR 1572.13(e) apply to HME transfers.