(a) When Table 1 refers to this section:
(1) The cargo pump must be an intank cargo pump;
(2) The cargo pumproom must be on or above the weatherdeck; or
(3) The cargo pumproom must have the specific approval of the Commandant (CG-ENG).
(b) For a cargo pumproom described in paragraph (a)(2) or (a)(3) the tankship must:
(1) Have a low pressure breathing quality air supply system for use with the breathing apparatus in the pumproom; or
(2) Meet any requirements specified by the Commandant (CG-522).
(c) A low pressure air supply system described in paragraph (b)(1) of this section must:
(1) Run from fixed air bottles to the pumproom;
(2) Have an air compressor to recharge the fixed air bottles;
(3) have hose connections in the pumproom suitable for use with the breathing apparatus required in § 153.214(b)(1); and
(4) have the air capacity to enable two men to work in the pumproom for at least one hour each without using the cartridges for the breathing apparatus required in § 153.214(b)(1).