(a) General requirement. For each MLR reporting year, an issuer must submit to the Secretary a report concerning the rebates provided to and on behalf of enrollees pursuant to this subpart.
(b) Aggregation of information in the report. The information in the report must be aggregated in the same manner as required by § 158.120.
(c) Information to report. The report required by this section must include the total:
(1) Number of subscribers in the individual, small group and large group markets to whom the issuer paid a rebate directly, and number of small group and large group policyholders receiving a rebate on behalf of enrollees;
(2) Amount of rebates provided as premium credit;
(3) Amount of rebates provided as lump sum payment regardless of whether in cash, reimbursement to an enrollee's credit card, or direct payment to an enrollee's bank account;
(4) Amount of rebates that were de minimis as provided in § 158.243 of this subpart and the number of enrollees who did not receive a rebate because it was de minimis; and
(5) Amount of unclaimed rebates, a description of the methods used to locate the applicable enrollees, and a description of how the unclaimed rebates were disbursed.
(d) Timing and form of report. The data required by paragraphs (c)(1) through (4) of this section must be submitted with the report under § 158.110, on a form and in the manner prescribed by the Secretary. The data required by paragraph (c)(5) of this section must be submitted with the report under § 158.110 for the subsequent MLR reporting year.