CMS adjusts the national, standardized prospective payment rates as referenced in § 484.215 to account for the following:
(a) HHA case-mix using a case-mix index to explain the relative resource utilization of different patients. To address changes to the case-mix that are a result of changes in the coding or classification of different units of service that do not reflect real changes in case-mix, the national, standardized prospective payment rate will be adjusted downward as follows:
(1) For CY 2008, the adjustment is 2.75 percent.
(2) For CY 2009 and CY 2010, the adjustment is 2.75 percent in each year.
(3) For CY 2011, the adjustment is 3.79 percent.
(4) For CY 2012, the adjustment is 3.79 percent.
(5) For CY 2013, the adjustment is 1.32 percent.
(6) For CY 2016, CY 2017, and CY 2018, the adjustment is 0.97 percent in each year.
(b) Geographic differences in wage levels using an appropriate wage index based on the site of service of the beneficiary.