(a) Included services. Facility services include, but are not limited to -
(1) Nursing, technician, and related services;
(2) Use of the facilities where the surgical procedures are performed;
(3) Drugs, biologicals, surgical dressings, supplies, splints, casts, and appliances and equipment directly related to the provision of surgical procedures;
(4) Diagnostic or therapeutic services or items directly related to the provision of a surgical procedure;
(5) Administrative, recordkeeping and housekeeping items and services; and
(6) Materials for anesthesia.
(7) Intra-ocular lenses (IOLs).
(8) Supervision of the services of an anesthetist by the operating surgeon.
(b) Excluded services. Facility services do not include items and services for which payment may be made under other provisions of part 405 of this chapter, such as physicians' services, laboratory, X-ray or diagnostic procedures (other than those directly related to performance of the surgical procedure), prosthetic devices (except IOLs), ambulance services, leg, arm, back and neck braces, artificial limbs, and durable medical equipment for use in the patient's home. In addition, they do not include anesthetist services furnished on or after January 1, 1989.