(a) Air Pollution Implementation Plan for the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
(1) Letter of December 15, 1982, from the Governor to EPA, which is a negative declaration indicating no major lead sources and continued attainment and maintenance of the National Standards for lead.
[51 FR 40799, Nov. 10, 1986]
(a) Purpose and scope. This section sets forth the applicable State implementation plan for the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands under section 110 of the Clean Air Act, 42 U.S.C. 7401-7671q and 40 CFR part 51 to meet national ambient air quality standards.
(b) Incorporation by reference.
(1) Material listed in paragraphs (c) and (d) of this section with an EPA approval date prior to June 1, 2005, was approved for incorporation by reference by the Director of the Federal Register in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. Material is incorporated as it exists on the date of the approval, and notice of any change in the material will be published in the Federal Register. Entries in paragraphs (c) and (d) of this section with EPA approval dates after June 1, 2005, will be incorporated by reference in the next update to the SIP compilation.
(2) EPA Region IX certifies that the rules/regulations provided by EPA in the SIP compilation at the addresses in paragraph (b)(3) of this section are an exact duplicate of the officially promulgated State rules/regulations which have been approved as part of the State implementation plan as of June 1, 2005.
(3) Copies of the materials incorporated by reference may be inspected at the Region IX EPA Office at 75 Hawthorne Street, San Francisco, CA 94105; the Air and Radiation Docket and Information Center, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 1301 Constitution Avenue, NW., Room B108, Washington, DC; or the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call (202) 741-6030, or go to: http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html.
(c) EPA approved regulations.
Table 52.2920 - EPA Approved Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands Regulations
|State citation||Title/subject||Effective date||EPA approval date||Explanation|
|Air Pollution Control Regulations:|
|Part I||Authority||1/19/1987||11/13/1987, 52 FR 43574|
|Part II||Purpose and Policy||01/19/1987||11/13/1987, 52 FR 43574|
|Part III||Policy||1/19/1987||11/13/1987, 52 FR 43574|
|Part IV||Definitions (a - www)||1/19/1987||11/13/1987, 52 FR 43574|
|Part V||Permitting of New Sources And Modifications (A - M)||1/19/1987||11/13/1987, 52 FR 43574|
|Part VI||Registration of Existing Sources (A - D)||1/19/1987||11/13/1987, 52 FR 43574|
|Part VII||Sampling, Testing and Reporting Methods (A - D)||1/19/1987||11/13/1987, 52 FR 43574|
|Part IX||Fees (A - B)||1/19/1987||11/13/1987, 52 FR 43574|
|Part X||Public Participation (A-E)||1/19/1987||11/13/1987, 52 FR 43574|
|Part XI||Enforcement (A-E)||1/19/1987||11/13/1987, 52 FR 43574|
|Part XII||Severability||01/19/1987||11/13/1987, 52 FR 43574|
|Part XIII||Effective Date||1/19/1987||11/13/1987, 52 FR 43574|
|Part XIV||Certification||1/19/1987||11/13/1987, 52 FR 43574|
(d) EPA approved State source specific requirements.
|Name of source||Permit number||Effective date||EPA approval date||Explanation|
(a) This section identified the original “Implementation Plan for Compliance With the Ambient Air Quality Standards for the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands' and all revisions submitted by the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands that were federally approved prior to June 1, 2005.
(c) The plan revisions described below were officially submitted on the dates specified.
(1) On February 19, 1987 the Governor's representative submitted regulations adopted as signed on December 15, 1986 and published in the Commonwealth Register, Volume 9, Number 1, pages 4862-94, on January 19, 1987, as follows:
(i) Incorporation by reference.
(A) “CNMI AIR POLLUTION CONTROL REGULATIONS” pertaining to the preconstruction review of new and modified major sources, as follows.
Part I - Authority
Part II - Purpose and Policy
Part III - Policy
Part IV - Definitions
Part V - Permitting of New Sources and Modifications
Part VI - Registration of Existing Sources
Part VII - Sampling, Testing and Reporting Methods
Part IX - Fees
Part X - Public Participation
Part XI - Enforcement
Part XII - Severability
Part XIII - Effective Date
Part XIV - Certification
(a) The requirements of sections 160 through 165 of the Clean Air Act are not met, since the plan does not include approvable procedures for preventing the significant deterioration of air quality.
(b) Regulations for preventing significant deterioration of air quality. The provisions of § 52.21 except paragraphs (a)(1), (b)(14)(i)(a) and (b), (b)(14)(ii)(a) and (b), (i)(5)(i)(c), and (k)(2) are hereby incorporated and made a part of the applicable plan for the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
(c) For the purposes of applying the requirements of § 52.21 within the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, the terms “major source baseline date” and “trigger date” mean January 13, 1997 in the case of sulfur dioxide, PM10, and nitrogen dioxide.
[79 FR 22035, Apr. 21, 2014]