(a) Mandatory components. Regardless of the approach in § 361.45(c)(1) that an eligible individual selects for purposes of developing the individualized plan for employment, each individualized plan for employment must -
(1) Include a description of the specific employment outcome, as defined in § 361.5(c)(15), that is chosen by the eligible individual and is consistent with the individual's unique strengths, resources, priorities, concerns, abilities, capabilities, career interests, and informed choice consistent with the general goal of competitive integrated employment (except that in the case of an eligible individual who is a student or a youth with a disability, the description may be a description of the individual's projected post-school employment outcome);
(2) Include a description under § 361.48 of -
(i) These specific rehabilitation services needed to achieve the employment outcome, including, as appropriate, the provision of assistive technology devices, assistive technology services, and personal assistance services, including training in the management of those services; and
(ii) In the case of a plan for an eligible individual that is a student or youth with a disability, the specific transition services and supports needed to achieve the individual's employment outcome or projected post-school employment outcome.
(3) Provide for services in the most integrated setting that is appropriate for the services involved and is consistent with the informed choice of the eligible individual;
(4) Include timelines for the achievement of the employment outcome and for the initiation of services;
(5) Include a description of the entity or entities chosen by the eligible individual or, as appropriate, the individual's representative that will provide the vocational rehabilitation services and the methods used to procure those services;
(6) Include a description of the criteria that will be used to evaluate progress toward achievement of the employment outcome; and
(7) Include the terms and conditions of the individualized plan for employment, including, as appropriate, information describing -
(i) The responsibilities of the designated State unit;
(ii) The responsibilities of the eligible individual, including -
(A) The responsibilities the individual will assume in relation to achieving the employment outcome;
(B) If applicable, the extent of the individual's participation in paying for the cost of services; and
(C) The responsibility of the individual with regard to applying for and securing comparable services and benefits as described in § 361.53; and
(iii) The responsibilities of other entities as the result of arrangements made pursuant to the comparable services or benefits requirements in § 361.53.
(b) Supported employment requirements. An individualized plan for employment for an individual with a most significant disability for whom an employment outcome in a supported employment setting has been determined to be appropriate must -
(1) Specify the supported employment services to be provided by the designated State unit;
(2) Specify the expected extended services needed, which may include natural supports;
(3) Identify the source of extended services or, to the extent that it is not possible to identify the source of extended services at the time the individualized plan for employment is developed, include a description of the basis for concluding that there is a reasonable expectation that those sources will become available;
(4) Provide for periodic monitoring to ensure that the individual is making satisfactory progress toward meeting the weekly work requirement established in the individualized plan for employment by the time of transition to extended services;
(5) Provide for the coordination of services provided under an individualized plan for employment with services provided under other individualized plans established under other Federal or State programs;
(6) To the extent that job skills training is provided, identify that the training will be provided on site; and
(7) Include placement in an integrated setting for the maximum number of hours possible based on the unique strengths, resources, priorities, concerns, abilities, capabilities, interests, and informed choice of individuals with the most significant disabilities.
(c) Post-employment services. The individualized plan for employment for each individual must contain, as determined to be necessary, statements concerning -
(1) The expected need for post-employment services prior to closing the record of services of an individual who has achieved an employment outcome;
(2) A description of the terms and conditions for the provision of any post-employment services; and
(3) If appropriate, a statement of how post-employment services will be provided or arranged through other entities as the result of arrangements made pursuant to the comparable services or benefits requirements in § 361.53.
(d) Coordination of services for students with disabilities. The individualized plan for employment for a student with a disability must be coordinated with the individualized education program or 504 services, as applicable, for that individual in terms of the goals, objectives, and services identified in the education program.
(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1205-0522)