(a) Definitions in EDGAR. The following terms used in this part are defined in 34 CFR 77.1(c) (EDGAR, Definitions):
(c) Program definitions. The following additional definitions apply specifically to HEP and CAMP:
(1) Act means the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended.
(2) Agricultural activity means:
(i) Any activity directly related to the production of crops, dairy products, poultry, or livestock;
(ii) Any activity directly related to the cultivation or harvesting of trees; or
(iii) Any activity directly related to fish farms.
(3) Farmwork means any agricultural activity, performed for either wages or personal subsistence, on a farm, ranch, or similar establishment.
(4) Full-time, with respect to an individual, means a student who is carrying a full-time academic workload, as defined in 34 CFR part 690 (regulations for the Pell Grant Program).
(5) Immediate family member means one or more of the following:
(i) A spouse.
(ii) A parent, step-parent, adoptive parent, foster parent, or anyone with guardianship.
(iii) Any person who -
(A) Claims the individual as a dependent on a Federal income tax return for either of the previous two years, or
(B) Resides in the same household as the individual, supports that individual financially, and is a relative of that individual.
(6) Institution of higher education means an educational institution that:
(i) Is in a State;
(ii) Is authorized by that State to provide a program of education beyond secondary school;
(iii) Is a public or nonprofit institution;
(iv) Admits as a regular student only a person who:
(A) Has a secondary school diploma;
(B) Has the recognized equivalent of a secondary school diploma; or
(C) Is beyond the age of compulsory school attendance in that State and has the ability to benefit from the training offered by the institution;
(A) An educational program for which it awards a bachelor's degree; or
(B) At least a two-year program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor's degree;
(A) Is accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association;
(B) Has satisfactorily assured the Secretary that it will meet the accreditation standards of a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association within a reasonable time considering the resources available to the institution, the period of time, if any, it has operated, and its effort to meet accreditation standards; or
(C) Has its credits accepted on transfer by at least three accredited institutions on the same basis as those institutions accept transfer credits from fully accredited institutions.
(7) Migrant farmworker means a seasonal farmworker - as defined in paragraph (c)(8) of this section - whose employment required travel that precluded the farmworker from returning to his or her domicile (permanent place of residence) within the same day.
(8) Seasonal farmworker means a person whose primary employment was in farmwork on a temporary or seasonal basis (that is, not a constant year-round activity) for a period of at least 75 days within the past 24 months.
(d) Other definitions. For purposes of determining program eligibility under § 206.3(a)(2), the definitions in 34 CFR 200.81 (Title I - Migrant Education Program) and 20 CFR 633.104 (Employment and Training Administration, Department of Labor - Migrant and Seasonal Farmworker Programs) apply.