(a) An educational agency or institution that discloses an education record under § 99.31(a)(2) shall:
(1) Make a reasonable attempt to notify the parent or eligible student at the last known address of the parent or eligible student, unless:
(i) The disclosure is initiated by the parent or eligible student; or
(ii) The annual notification of the agency or institution under § 99.7 includes a notice that the agency or institution forwards education records to other agencies or institutions that have requested the records and in which the student seeks or intends to enroll or is already enrolled so long as the disclosure is for purposes related to the student's enrollment or transfer;
(2) Give the parent or eligible student, upon request, a copy of the record that was disclosed; and
(3) Give the parent or eligible student, upon request, an opportunity for a hearing under subpart C.
(b) An educational agency or institution may disclose an education record of a student in attendance to another educational agency or institution if:
(1) The student is enrolled in or receives services from the other agency or institution; and
(2) The disclosure meets the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section.