(a) If the Secretary makes a grant to a group of eligible applicants, the applicant for the group is the grantee and is legally responsible for:
(1) The use of all grant funds;
(2) Ensuring that the project is carried out by the group in accordance with Federal requirements; and
(3) Ensuring that indirect cost funds are determined as required under § 75.564(e).
(b) Each member of the group is legally responsible to:
(1) Carry out the activities it agrees to perform; and
(2) Use the funds that it receives under the agreement in accordance with Federal requirements that apply to the grant.