(a) IPIA responsibilities. The IPIA in each manufacturing plant must:
(1) Assure that notifications required under this subpart I are sent to all owners, purchasers, retailers, and distributors of whom the manufacturer has knowledge;
(2) Audit the certificates required by § 3282.417 to assure that the manufacturer has made required corrections;
(3) Whenever a manufacturer is required to determine a class of homes pursuant to § 3282.404(b), provide either:
(i) The IPIA's written concurrence on the methods used by the manufacturer to identify the homes that should be included in the class of homes; or
(ii) The IPIA's written statement explaining why it believes the manufacturer's methods for determining the class of homes were inappropriate or inadequate; and
(b) SAA and Secretary's responsibilities.
(1) SAA oversight of manufacturer compliance with this subpart will be done primarily by periodically checking the records that manufacturers are required to keep under § 3282.417.
(2) The SAA or Secretary to which the report required by § 3282.417(a) is sent is responsible for assuring, through oversight, that remedial actions have been carried out as described in the report. The SAA of the State in which an affected manufactured home is located may inspect that home to determine whether any correction required under this subpart I is carried out in accordance with the approved plan or, if there is no plan, with the construction and safety standards or other approval obtained by the manufacturer.