HUD and/or applicants must comply, where applicable, with all environmental requirements, guidelines and statutory obligations under the following authorities and HUD standards:
(a) Historic properties.
(1) The National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 (16 U.S.C. 470 et seq.), as amended.
(3) The Archaeological and Historic Preservation Act of 1974, which amends the Reservoir Salvage Act of 1960 (16 U.S.C. 469 et seq.).
(4) Procedures for the Protection of Historic and Cultural Properties (Advisory Council on Historic Preservation - 36 CFR part 800).
(b) Flood insurance, floodplain management and wetland protection.
(1) Flood Disaster Protection Act of 1973 (42 U.S.C. 4001-4128) and the National Flood Insurance Reform Act of 1994 (Pub.L. 103-325, 108 Stat. 2160).
(2) HUD procedure for the implementation of Executive Order 11988 (Floodplain Management), (3 CFR, 1977 Comp., p. 117) - 24 CFR part 55, Floodplain Management and Protection of Wetlands.
(3) HUD procedure for the implementation of Executive Order 11990 (Protection of Wetlands), (3 CFR, 1977 Comp., p. 121) - 24 CFR part 55, Floodplain Management and Protection of Wetlands.
(c) Coastal areas protection and management.
(1) The Coastal Barrier Resources Act, as amended by the Coastal Barrier Improvement Act of 1990 (16 U.S.C. 3501 et seq.).
(2) The Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972 (16 U.S.C. 1451 et seq.), as amended.
(f) Wild and scenic rivers. The Wild and Scenic Rivers Act (16 U.S.C 1271 et seq.), as amended.
(g) Water quality. The Federal Water Pollution Control Act, as amended by the Federal Water Pollution Control Act Amendments of 1972 (33 U.S.C. 1251 et seq.), and later enactments.
(i) Solid waste management.
(1) The Solid Waste Disposal Act, as amended by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976 (42 U.S.C. 6901 et seq.), and later enactments.
(2) The Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act of 1980 (42 U.S.C. 9601 et seq.), as amended.
(k) HUD environmental standards. Applicable criteria and standards specified in HUD environmental regulations (24 CFR part 51).
(l) Environmental justice. Executive Order 12898 - Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low-Income Populations (3 CFR, 1994 Comp., p. 859).