(a) A nonparty participant may -
(1) Attend all conferences (including the prehearing conference), oral proceedings, and arguments;
(2) Submit written testimony and documentary evidence for inclusion in the record;
(3) File written objections, briefs, and other pleadings; and
(4) Present oral argument.
(b) A nonparty participant may not -
(1) Submit written interrogatories; and
(2) Conduct cross-examination.
(c) A person whose petition is the subject of the hearing has the same right as a party.
(d) A nonparty participant will be permitted additional rights if the presiding officer concludes that the participant's interests would not be adequately protected otherwise or that broader participation is required for a full and true disclosure of the facts, but the rights of a nonparty participant may not exceed the rights of a party.