(a) If you are a nontransporter, you must establish and maintain the following records for food you release:
(1) The name of the firm, address, telephone number, and, if available, the fax number and e-mail address of the nontransporter immediate subsequent recipient, whether domestic or foreign;
(2) An adequate description of the type of food released, to include brand name and specific variety (e.g., brand x cheddar cheese, not just cheese; or romaine lettuce, not just lettuce);
(3) The date you released the food;
(4) For persons who manufacture, process, or pack food, the lot or code number or other identifier of the food (to the extent this information exists);
(5) The quantity and how the food is packaged (e.g., 6 count bunches, 25 lb carton, 12 oz bottle, 100 gal tank);
(6) The name of the firm, address, telephone number, and, if available, the fax number and e-mail address of the transporter immediate subsequent recipient (the transporter who transported the food from you); and
(b) Your records must include information reasonably available to you to identify the specific source of each ingredient used to make every lot of finished product.