(a) Upgrade flight training for pilots must include the following:
(1) Seat dependent maneuvers and procedures, as applicable;
(2) Duty position maneuvers and procedures, as applicable;
(3) Extended envelope training set forth in § 121.423;
(4) Maneuvers and procedures set forth in the certificate holder's low altitude windshear flight training program;
(5) Sufficient scenario-based training incorporating CRM and leadership and command skills, to ensure the pilot's proficiency as pilot in command; and
(6) Sufficient training to ensure the pilot's knowledge and skill with respect to the following:
(i) The airplane, its systems and components;
(ii) Proper control of airspeed, configuration, direction, altitude, and attitude in accordance with the Airplane Flight Manual, the certificate holder's operations manual, checklists, or other approved material appropriate to the airplane type; and
(iii) Compliance with ATC, instrument procedures, or other applicable procedures.
(b) The training required by paragraph (a) of this section must be performed inflight except -
(1) That windshear maneuvers and procedures must be performed in an FFS in which the maneuvers and procedures are specifically authorized to be accomplished;
(2) That the extended envelope training required by § 121.423 must be performed in a Level C or higher FFS unless the Administrator has issued to the certificate holder a deviation in accordance with § 121.423(e); and
(3) To the extent that certain other maneuvers and procedures may be performed in an FFS, an FTD, or a static airplane as permitted in Appendix E of this part.
(1) With respect to § 121.409(c) - A proficiency check in the FFS or the airplane to the level of proficiency of a pilot in command in at least the maneuvers and procedures set forth in Appendix F of this part that are capable of being performed in an FFS.
(2) With respect to § 121.409(d), training and practice in at least the maneuvers and procedures set forth in the certificate holder's approved low-altitude windshear flight training program that are capable of being performed in an FFS in which the maneuvers and procedures are specifically authorized.
(d) Compliance dates: Beginning on April 27, 2022, upgrade flight training must satisfy the requirements of this section.
[Amdt. 121-382, 85 FR 10924, Feb. 25, 2020]