(a) Electrical bonding and protection against static electricity must be designed to minimize accumulation of electrostatic charge that would cause -
(1) Human injury from electrical shock,
(2) Ignition of flammable vapors, or
(3) Interference with installed electrical/electronic equipment.
(b) Compliance with paragraph (a) of this section may be shown by -
(1) Bonding the components properly to the airframe; or
(2) Incorporating other acceptable means to dissipate the static charge so as not to endanger the airplane, personnel, or operation of the installed electrical/electronic systems.
[Amdt. 25-123, 72 FR 63405, Nov. 8, 2007]