(a) Except as provided in § 21.197(c), an applicant for a special flight permit must submit a statement in a form and manner prescribed by the FAA, indicating -
(1) The purpose of the flight.
(2) The proposed itinerary.
(3) The crew required to operate the aircraft and its equipment, e.g., pilot, co-pilot, navigator, etc.
(4) The ways, if any, in which the aircraft does not comply with the applicable airworthiness requirements.
(5) Any restriction the applicant considers necessary for safe operation of the aircraft.
(6) Any other information considered necessary by the FAA for the purpose of prescribing operating limitations.
(b) The FAA may make, or require the applicant to make appropriate inspections or tests necessary for safety.