(a) General. DOE incorporates by reference the following test procedures into subpart D of part 431. The materials listed have been approved for incorporation by reference by the Director of the Federal Register in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. Any subsequent amendment to the listed materials by the standard-setting organization will not affect the DOE regulations unless and until such regulations are amended by DOE. Materials are incorporated as they exist on the date of the approval, and a notice of any changes in the materials will be published in the Federal Register. All approved materials are available for inspection at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call (202) 741-6030 or go to: http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html. Also, these materials are available for inspection at U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Building Technologies Program, 6th Floor, 950 L'Enfant Plaza SW., Washington, DC 20024, (202) 586-2945, or go to: http://www1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/appliance_standards/. The referenced test procedure standards are listed below by relevant standard-setting organization, along with information on how to obtain copies from those sources.
(b) ANSI. American National Standards Institute. 25 W. 43rd Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10036. (212) 642-4900 or go to http://www.ansi.org.
(1) ANSI Z21.47-2012, (“ANSI Z21.47”) “Standard for Gas-fired Central Furnaces,” approved March 27, 2012, IBR approved for § 431.76.
(c) ASHRAE. American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers Inc., 1791 Tullie Circle NE., Atlanta, Georgia 30329, (404) 636-8400, or go to: http://www.ashrae.org.
(1) ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 103-2007, (“ASHRAE 103”), “Method of Testing for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency of Residential Central Furnaces and Boilers,” sections 18.104.22.168, 7.8, 9.2, and 11.3.7, approved June 27, 2007, IBR approved for § 431.76.
(d) HI. Hydronics Institute Division of AHRI, 35 Russo Place, P.O. Box 218, Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922, (703) 600-0350, or go to: http://www.ahrinet.org/hydronics + institute + section.aspx.
(1) HI BTS-2000, sections 8.2.2, 11.1.4, 11.1.5, and 22.214.171.124, “Method to Determine Efficiency of Commercial Space Heating Boilers,” published January 2001, IBR approved for § 431.76.
(e) UL. Underwriters Laboratories, Inc., 333 Pfingsten Road, Northbrook, IL 60062, (847) 272-8800, or go to: http://www.ul.com.
(1) UL 727 (UL 727-1994), “Standard for Safety Oil-Fired Central Furnaces,” published on August 1, 1994, IBR approved for § 431.76.
(2) UL 727 (UL 727-2006), “Standard for Safety Oil-Fired Central Furnaces,” approved April 7, 2006, IBR approved for § 431.76.