(a) A copy of the draft environmental impact statement will be distributed to:
(1) The Environmental Protection Agency.
(2) Any other Federal agency which has special expertise or jurisdiction by law with respect to any environmental impact involved or which is authorized to develop and enforce relevant environmental standards.
(3) The applicant or petitioner for rulemaking and any other party to the proceeding.
(4) Appropriate State and local agencies authorized to develop and enforce relevant environmental standards.
(5) Appropriate State, regional and metropolitan clearinghouses.
(6) Appropriate Indian Tribes when the proposed action may have an environmental impact on a reservation.
(7) Upon written request, any organization or group included in the master list of interested organizations and groups maintained under § 51.122.
(8) Upon written request, any other person to the extent available.
(b) Additional copies will be made available in accordance with § 51.123.
(c) A supplement to a draft environmental impact statement will be distributed in the same manner as the draft environmental impact statement to which it relates.
(d) News releases stating the availability for comment and place for obtaining or inspecting a draft environmental statement or supplement will be provided to local newspapers and other appropriate media.
(e) A notice of availability will be published in the Federal Register in accordance with § 51.117.