e-CFR banner


e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources


Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

e-CFR data is current as of February 21, 2020

Title 30Chapter VSubchapter BPart 550Subpart A → Subject Group

Title 30: Mineral Resources
Subpart A—General


§550.125   Service fees.

(a) The table in this paragraph (a) shows the fees that you must pay to BOEM for the services listed. The fees will be adjusted periodically according to the Implicit Price Deflator for Gross Domestic Product by publication of a document in the Federal Register. If a significant adjustment is needed to arrive at the new actual cost for any reason other than inflation, then a proposed rule containing the new fees will be published in the Federal Register for comment.

Service—processing of the following:Fee amount30 CFR citation
(1) Change in Designation of Operator$164§550.143(d).
(2) Right-of-Use and Easement for State lessee$2,569§550.165.
(3) [Reserved]
(4) Exploration Plan (EP)$3,442 for each surface location; no fee for revisions§550.211(d).
(5) Development and Production Plan (DPP) or Development Operations Coordination Document (DOCD)$3,971 for each well proposed; no fee for revisions§550.241(e).
(6) [Reserved]
(7) Conservation Information Document$25,629§550.296(a).

(b) Payment of the fees listed in paragraph (a) of this section must accompany the submission of the document for approval or be sent to an office identified by the Regional Director. Once a fee is paid, it is nonrefundable, even if an application or other request is withdrawn. If your application is returned to you as incomplete, you are not required to submit a new fee when you submit the amended application.

(c) Verbal approvals are occasionally given in special circumstances. Any action that will be considered a verbal permit approval requires either a paper permit application to follow the verbal approval or an electronic application submittal within 72 hours. Payment must be made with the completed paper or electronic application.

§550.126   Electronic payment instructions.

You must file all payments electronically through Pay.gov. This includes, but is not limited to, all OCS applications or filing fee payments. The Pay.gov Web site may be accessed through Pay.gov at https://www.pay.gov/paygov/.

(a) [Reserved]

(b) You must use credit card or automated clearing house (ACH) payments through the Pay.gov Web site, and you must include a copy of the Pay.gov confirmation receipt page with your application.

[76 FR 64623, Oct. 18, 2011, as amended at 80 FR 57096, Sept. 22, 2015]

Need assistance?