e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We???ve made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Help button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of August 6, 2020

Title 30Chapter IISubchapter BPart 250Subpart A → Subject Group

Title 30: Mineral Resources
Subpart A—General

Inspections of Operations

§250.130   Why does BSEE conduct inspections?

BSEE will inspect OCS facilities and any vessels engaged in drilling or other downhole operations. These include facilities under jurisdiction of other Federal agencies that we inspect by agreement. We conduct these inspections:

(a) To verify that you are conducting operations according to the Act, the regulations, the lease, right-of-way, the BOEM-approved Exploration Plan or Development and Production Plans; or right-of-use and easement, and other applicable laws and regulations; and

(b) To determine whether equipment designed to prevent or ameliorate blowouts, fires, spillages, or other major accidents has been installed and is operating properly according to the requirements of this part.

§250.131   Will BSEE notify me before conducting an inspection?

BSEE conducts both scheduled and unscheduled inspections.

§250.132   What must I do when BSEE conducts an inspection?

(a) When BSEE conducts an inspection, you must provide:

(1) Access to all platforms, artificial islands, and other installations on your leases or associated with your lease, right-of-use and easement, or right-of-way; and

(2) Helicopter landing sites and refueling facilities for any helicopters we use to regulate offshore operations.

(b) You must make the following available for us to inspect:

(1) The area covered under a lease, right-of-use and easement, right-of-way, or permit;

(2) All improvements, structures, and fixtures on these areas; and

(3) All records of design, construction, operation, maintenance, repairs, or investigations on or related to the area.

§250.133   Will BSEE reimburse me for my expenses related to inspections?

Upon request, BSEE will reimburse you for food, quarters, and transportation that you provide for BSEE representatives while they inspect lease facilities and operations. You must send us your reimbursement request within 90 days of the inspection.

Need assistance?