e-CFR banner


e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources


Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

e-CFR data is current as of February 18, 2020

Title 7Subtitle BChapter XVIIPart 1730Subpart B → §1730.26

Title 7: Agriculture
Subpart B—Operations and Maintenance Requirements

§1730.26   Certification.

(a) Engineer's certification. Where provided for in the borrower's loan documents, RUS may require the borrower to provide an “Engineer's Certification” as to the condition of the borrower's system (including, but not limited to, all mortgaged property.) Such certification shall be in form and substance satisfactory to RUS and shall be prepared by a professional engineer satisfactory to RUS. If RUS determines that the Engineer's Certification discloses a need for improvements to the condition of its system or any other operations of the borrower, the borrower shall, upon notification by RUS, promptly undertake to accomplish such improvements.

(b) Emergency Restoration Plan certification. The borrower's Manager or Chief Executive Officer shall provide written certification to RUS stating that a VRA has been satisfactorily completed that meets the criteria of §1730.27 (a), (b), (c), or (d), as applicable and §1730.27(e)(1) through (e)(8), and that the borrower has an ERP that meets the criteria of §1730.28 (a), (b), (c), or (d), as applicable, and §1730.28 (e), (f), and (g). The written certification shall be in letter form. Applicants for new RUS electric loans, loan guarantees or grants shall include the written certification in the application package submitted to RUS. If the self-certification of an ERP and VRA are not received as set forth in this section, approval of the loan, loan guarantees or grants will not be considered until the certifications are received by RUS.

[63 FR 3450, Jan. 23, 1998, as amended at 69 FR 60541, Oct. 12, 2004]

Need assistance?