e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

e-CFR data is current as of July 9, 2020

Title 7Subtitle BChapter XIVSubchapter CPart 1493Subpart D → §1493.490

Title 7: Agriculture
Subpart D—CCC Supplier Credit Guarantee Program Operations

§1493.490   Proof of entry.

(a) Diversion. The diversion of commodities covered by a SCGP payment guarantee to a country other than that shown on the payment guarantee is prohibited, unless expressly authorized by the GSM.

(b) Records of proof of entry. Exporters must obtain and maintain records of an official or customary commercial nature and grant authorized USDA officials access to such documents or records as may be necessary to demonstrate the arrival of the agricultural commodities exported in connection with the SCGP in the country that was the intended country of destination of such commodities. Records demonstrating proof of entry must be in English or be accompanied by a certified or other translation acceptable to CCC. Records acceptable to meet this requirement include an original certification of entry signed by a duly authorized customs or port official of the importing country, by the importer, by an agent or representative of the vessel or shipline which delivered the agricultural commodity to the importing country, or by a private surveyor in the importing country, or other documentation deemed acceptable by the GSM showing:

(1) That the agricultural commodity entered the importing country;

(2) The identification of the export carrier;

(3) The quantity of the agricultural commodity;

(4) The kind, type, grade and/or class of the agricultural commodity; and

(5) The date(s) and place(s) of unloading of the agricultural commodity in the importing country. (Records of proof of entry need not be submitted with a claim for loss, except as may be provided in §1493.500(b)(4)(ii).)

Need assistance?