Home
gpo.gov
govinfo.gov

e-CFR Navigation Aids

Browse

Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity

 

Search History

Search Tips

Corrections

Latest Updates

User Info

FAQs

Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

e-CFR data is current as of June 30, 2020

Title 7Subtitle BChapter XIVSubchapter CPart 1486Subpart D → §1486.405


Title 7: Agriculture
PART 1486—EMERGING MARKETS PROGRAM
Subpart D—Cost Share and Reimbursements


§1486.405   Reimbursement procedures.

(a) Following the implementation of a project for which CCC has agreed to provide funding, a Recipient may submit claims for reimbursement of eligible expenses incurred in implementing an EMP project, to the extent that CCC has agreed to pay such expenses. Any changes to approved activities must be approved in writing by CCC before any reimbursable expenses associated with the change can be incurred. A Recipient will be reimbursed after CCC reviews the claim and determines that it is complete.

(b) CCC will make all payments to the Recipients in U.S. dollars. FAS will initiate payment within 30 days after receipt of the billing, unless the billing is improper.

(c) Recipients will be authorized to submit requests for reimbursements or advances at least monthly when electronic fund transfers (EFTs) are not used, and as frequently as desired when electronic transfers are used, in accordance with the provisions of the Electronic Fund Transfer Act (15 U.S.C. 1693-1693r).

(d) Recipients may submit claims for reimbursement of the expenses incurred in implementing EMP projects, to the extent CCC has agreed to pay for such costs, limited initially to 85 percent of the total amount specified in the agreement. The Recipient may be reimbursed for the remaining 15 percent of the funds only after the final performance report containing the information required by the agreement is submitted to and approved by FAS.

(e) Final claims for reimbursement must be received no later than 90 calendar days after the completion date of the project or following the expiration or termination date of the agreement, whichever is sooner, and are subject to FAS approval of the Recipient's final performance report. Recipients are required to use a prescribed system to submit their claims. This system will be clearly stated in the NOFO. Currently the CCC's internet-based UES system is being used to request reimbursement for eligible EMP program expenses.

(f) Recipients shall maintain complete records of all program expenditures, identified by EMP agreement number, program year, country or region, activity number, and cost category. Such records shall be accompanied by documentation that supports the expenditure and shall be made available to CCC upon request. CCC may deny a claim for reimbursement if the claim is not supported by acceptable documentation.

(g) In the event that a reimbursement claim is overpaid or is disallowed after payment already has been made, the Recipient shall repay CCC within 30 calendar days of such overpayment or disallowance the amount overpaid or disallowed either by submitting a check payable to CCC and referencing the applicable project, or by offsetting its next reimbursement claim. The Recipient shall make such payment in U.S. dollars, unless otherwise approved in advance by CCC.

(h) The Recipient shall report any actions that may have a bearing on the propriety of any claims for reimbursement in writing to the appropriate Attaché/Counselor and FAS Division Director.

Need assistance?