e-CFR banner


e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources


Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

e-CFR data is current as of May 28, 2020

Title 47Chapter ISubchapter BPart 32Subpart C → §32.2003

Title 47: Telecommunication
Subpart C—Instructions for Balance Sheet Accounts

§32.2003   Telecommunications plant under construction.

(a) This account shall include the original cost of construction projects (note also §32.2000(c)) of this part and the cost of software development projects that are not yet ready for their intended use.

(b) There may be charged directly to the appropriate plant accounts the cost of any construction project which is estimated to be completed and ready for service within two months from the date on which the project was begun. There may also be charged directly to the plant accounts the cost of any construction project for which the gross additions to plant are estimated to amount to less than $100,000.

(c) If a construction project has been suspended for six months or more, the cost of the project included in this account may remain in this account so long as the carrier excludes the original cost and associated depreciation from its ratebase and ratemaking considerations and reports those amounts in reports filed with the Commission pursuant to §§43.21(e)(1) and 43.21(e)(2) of this chapter. If a project is abandoned, the cost included in this account shall be charged to Account 7300, Nonoperating income and expense.

(d) When any telecommunications plant, the cost of which has been included in this account, is completed ready for service, the cost thereof shall be credited to this account and charged to the appropriate telecommunications plant or other accounts.

[51 FR 43499, Dec. 2, 1986, as amended at 60 FR 12138, Mar. 6, 1995; 64 FR 50007, Sept. 15, 1999; 65 FR 16335, Mar. 28, 2000; 67 FR 5685, Feb. 6, 2002]

Need assistance?