Home
gpo.gov
govinfo.gov

e-CFR Navigation Aids

Browse

Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity

 

Search History

Search Tips

Corrections

Latest Updates

User Info

FAQs

Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Feedback button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of March 4, 2021

Title 45Subtitle BChapter XXVPart 2553Subpart G → §2553.72


Title 45: Public Welfare
PART 2553—THE RETIRED AND SENIOR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Subpart G—Application and Fiscal Requirements


§2553.72   What are project funding requirements?

(a) Is non-CNCS support required? (1) A CNCS grant may be awarded to fund up to 90 percent of the total project cost in the first year, 80 percent in the second year, and 70 percent in the third and succeeding years.

(2) A sponsor is responsible for identifying non-CNCS funds which may include in-kind contributions.

(b) Under what circumstances does CNCS allow less than the percentage identified in paragraph (a) of this section? CNCS may allow exceptions to the local support requirement identified in paragraph (a) of this section in cases of demonstrated need such as:

(1) Initial difficulties in the development of local funding sources during the first three years of operations; or

(2) An economic downturn, the occurrence of a natural disaster, or similar events in the service area that severely restrict or reduce sources of local funding support; or

(3) The unexpected discontinuation of local support from one or more sources that a project has relied on for a period of years.

(c) May CNCS restrict how a sponsor uses locally generated contributions in excess of the non-CNCS support required? Whenever locally generated contributions to RSVP projects are in excess of the non-CNCS funds required (10 percent of the total cost in the first year, 20 percent in the second year and 30 percent in the third and succeeding years), CNCS may not restrict the manner in which such contributions are expended provided such expenditures are consistent with the provisions of the Act.

(d) Are program expenditures subject to audit? All expenditures by the grantee of Federal and Non-Federal funds, including expenditures from excess locally generated contributions, are subject to audit by CNCS, its Inspector General or their authorized agents.

[64 FR 14135, Mar. 24, 1999, as amended at 67 FR 6875, Feb. 14, 2002; 83 FR 64657, Dec. 17, 2018]

Need assistance?