e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Feedback button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of March 4, 2021

Title 45Subtitle BChapter XXVPart 2506Subpart E → §2506.51

Title 45: Public Welfare
Subpart E—Administrative Offset

§2506.51   How will the Corporation request that my debt to the Corporation be collected by offset against some payment that another Federal agency owes me?

The Chief Executive Officer may request that funds due and payable to you by another Federal agency instead be paid to the Corporation to satisfy a debt you owe to the Corporation. The Corporation will refer debts to the Treasury for centralized administrative offset in accordance with the FCCS and the procedures established by the Treasury. Where centralized offset is not available or appropriate, the Corporation may request offset directly from the Federal agency that is holding funds for you. In requesting administrative offset, the Corporation will certify in writing to the Federal agency that is holding funds for you:

(a) That you owe the debt;

(b) The amount and basis of the debt; and

(c) That the Corporation has complied with the requirements of 31 U.S.C. 3716, its own administrative offset regulations in this subpart, the applicable administrative offset regulations of the agency holding the funds, and the applicable provisions of the FCCS with respect to providing you with due process.

Need assistance?