e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Feedback button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of March 4, 2021

Title 45Subtitle BChapter XXVPart 2506Subpart B → §2506.10

Title 45: Public Welfare
Subpart B—General Provisions

§2506.10   Will the Corporation use its cross-servicing agreement with Treasury to collect its debts?

(a) The Corporation entered into a cross-servicing agreement on March 26, 1999, with Treasury Financial Management Services (FMS) that authorizes the Treasury to take the collection actions described in this part on behalf of the Corporation (see §2506.3). The Corporation will refer debts or groups of debts to FMS for collection action. The debt collection procedures that the Treasury FMS uses are based on 31 U.S.C. chapter 37 and this part.

(b) The Corporation must transfer to the Treasury any debt that has been delinquent for a period of 180 days or more, so that the Secretary of the Treasury may take appropriate action to collect the debt or terminate collection action. This is pursuant to §901.3 of the FCCS.

(c) Paragraph (b) of this section will not apply to any debt or claim that:

(1) Is in litigation or foreclosure;

(2) Will be disposed of under an approved asset sales program;

(3) Has been referred to a private collection contractor for collection for a period of time acceptable to the Secretary of the Treasury;

(4) Is at a debt collection center for a period of time acceptable to the Secretary of the Treasury;

(5) Will be collected under internal offset procedures within 3 years after the date the debt or claim is first delinquent; or

(6) Is exempt from this requirement based on a determination by the Secretary of the Treasury.

Need assistance?