e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Feedback button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of February 24, 2021

Title 45Subtitle BChapter IVPart 400Subpart J → §400.209

Title 45: Public Welfare
Subpart J—Federal Funding

§400.209   Claims involving family units which include refugees who have been in the United States more than 36 months.

Federal funding is not available for State expenditures for cash and medical assistance and child welfare services (except services for unaccompanied minors) provided to any refugee within a family unit who has been in the United States

(a) More than 36 months if the family unit is eligible for TANF, SSI, Medicaid, GA, or child welfare services (except services for unaccompanied minors), or

(b) More than a period of time to be determined by the Director in accordance with §400.211 if the family unit is eligible for RCA or RMA. A State agency must exclude expenditures made on behalf of such refugees from its claim.

[51 FR 3916, Jan. 30, 1986, as amended at 53 FR 32225, Aug. 24, 1988; 57 FR 1115, Jan. 10, 1992; 58 FR 46090, Sept. 1, 1993; 58 FR 64507, Dec. 8, 1993; 65 FR 15450, Mar. 22, 2000]

Need assistance?