e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Feedback button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of January 14, 2021

Title 41Subtitle FChapter 301Subchapter DPart 301-70Subpart J → §301-70.907

Title 41: Public Contracts and Property Management
Subpart J—Policies and Procedures for Agencies That Own or Hire Government Aircraft for Travel

§301-70.907   What information must we report on the use of Government aircraft to carry senior Federal officials and non-Federal travelers and when must it be reported?

You must report on a semi-annual basis to the General Services Administration (GSA) information about Senior Federal officials and non-Federal travelers who fly aboard your aircraft. The reporting periods are October 1 through March 31 and April 1 through September 30 of each fiscal year. A report is due to GSA not later than 30 calendar days after the close of each reporting period and must contain the following information:

(a) The person's name with indication that he/she is either a senior Federal official or a non-Federal traveler, whichever is appropriate.

(b) The traveler's organization and title or other appropriate descriptive information, e.g., dependent, press, etc.

(c) Name of the authorizing agency.

(d) The official purposes of the trip.

(e) The destination(s).

(f) For personal or political travel, the amount that the traveler must reimburse the Government (i.e., the full coach fare or appropriate share of that fare).

(g) For official travel, the comparable city-pair fare (if available to the traveler) or the full coach fare if the city-pair fare is not available.

(h) The cost to the Government to carry this person (i.e., the appropriate allocated share of the Federal or CAS aircraft trip costs).

Note to §301-70.907: You are not required to report classified trips; however, you must maintain information on classified trips for two years. Most of the information required by paragraphs (a) through (g) of this section can be found on the traveler's travel authorization. Your aircraft management office must provide the information about crewmembers and qualified non-crewmembers required by paragraph (b) as well as the information required by paragraph (h). For more information on calculating costs, see the “U.S. Government Aircraft Cost Accounting Guide,” published by the General Services Administration, Office of Government-wide Policy. To obtain a copy of the guide, please contact aviationpolicy@gsa.gov.

[FTR Amdt. 2004-02, 69 FR 34305, June 21, 2004, as amended at 85 FR 39849, July 2, 2020]

Need assistance?