e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Feedback button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of March 5, 2021

Title 41Subtitle FChapter 301Subchapter CPart 301-52 → §301-52.11

Title 41: Public Contracts and Property Management

§301-52.11   What must I do to challenge a disallowed claim?

You must:

(a) File a new claim.

(b) Provide full itemization for all disallowed items reclaimed.

(c) Provide receipts for all disallowed items reclaimed that require receipts, except that you do not have to provide a receipt if your agency already has the receipt.

(d) Provide a copy of the notice of disallowance.

(e) State the proper authority for your claim if you are challenging your agency's application of the law or statute.

(f) Follow your agency's procedures for challenging disallowed claims.

(g) If after reconsideration by your agency your claim is still denied, you may submit your claim for adjudication to the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals in accordance with 48 CFR part 6104.

[FTR Amdt, 70, 63 FR 15969, Apr. 1, 1998, as amended at 85 FR 39849, July 2, 2020]

Need assistance?