e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Feedback button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of January 15, 2021

Title 41Subtitle FChapter 301Subchapter BPart 301-10Subpart E → §301-10.451

Title 41: Public Contracts and Property Management
Subpart E—Special Conveyances

§301-10.451   May I be reimbursed for the cost of collision damage waiver (CDW) or theft insurance?

(a) General rule—no. You will not be reimbursed for CDW or theft insurance for travel within CONUS for the following reasons:

(1) The Government is a self-insurer.

(2) Rental vehicles available under agreement(s) with the Government includes full coverage insurance for damages resulting from an accident while performing official travel.

(3) Any deductible amount paid by you may be reimbursed directly to you or directly to the rental agency if the damage occurred while you were performing official business.

(b) Exception. You will be reimbursed for collision damage waiver or theft insurance when you travel outside CONUS and such insurance is necessary because the rental or leasing agency requirements, foreign statute, or legal procedures could cause extreme difficulty for an employee involved in an accident.

Need assistance?