e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Feedback button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of January 19, 2021

Title 41Subtitle FChapter 301Subchapter BPart 301-10Subpart D → §301-10.310

Title 41: Public Contracts and Property Management
Subpart D—Privately Owned Vehicle (POV)

§301-10.310   What will I be reimbursed if I am authorized to use a Government-furnished automobile and I use a privately owned automobile instead?

You will be reimbursed based on a constructive mileage rate limited to the cost that would be incurred for use of a Government-furnished automobile. This rate will be published in an FTR bulletin available at https://www.gsa.gov/ftrbulletins. If your agency determines the cost of providing a Government-furnished automobile would be higher because of unusual circumstances, it may allow reimbursement not to exceed the mileage rate for a privately owned automobile. In addition, you may be reimbursed other allowable expenses as provided in §301-10.304.

[FTR Amdt. 2015-03, 80 FR 27260, May 13, 2015, as amended by 80 FR 27261, May 13, 2015; 80 FR 37996, July 2, 2015; 85 FR 39848, July 2, 2020]

Need assistance?