e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Feedback button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of November 25, 2020

Title 41Subtitle CChapter 102Subchapter BPart 102-36Subpart D → §102-36.220

Title 41: Public Contracts and Property Management
Subpart D—Disposition of Excess Personal Property

§102-36.220   Must we report all excess personal property to GSA?

(a) Generally yes, regardless of the condition code, except as authorized in §102-36.145 for direct transfers or as exempted in paragraph (b) of this section. Report all excess personal property, including excess personal property to which the government holds title but is in the custody of your contractors, cooperatives, or project grantees.

(b) You are not required to report the following types of excess personal property to GSA for screening:

(1) Property determined appropriate for abandonment/destruction (see §102-36.305).

(2) Non-appropriated fund property (see §102-36.165).

(3) Foreign excess personal property (see §102-36.380).

(4) Scrap, except aircraft in scrap condition.

(5) Perishables, defined for the purposes of this section as any personal property subject to spoilage or decay.

(6) Trading stamps and bonus goods.

(7) Hazardous waste.

(8) Controlled substances.

(9) Nuclear Regulatory Commission-controlled materials.

(10) Property dangerous to public health and safety.

(11) Classified items or property determined to be sensitive for reasons of national security.

(c) Refer to part 101-42 of this title for additional guidance on the disposition of classes of property under paragraphs (b)(7) through (b)(11) of this section.

Need assistance?