e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Feedback button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of January 15, 2021

Title 41Subtitle CChapter 102Subchapter BPart 102-34Subpart C → §102-34.135

Title 41: Public Contracts and Property Management
Subpart C—Identifying and Registering Motor Vehicles

§102-34.135   What do we do about a lost or stolen license plate?

You must report the loss or theft of license plates as follows:

(a) U.S. Government license plates. Report to your local security office (or equivalent), local police, to GSA Fleet when a GSA Fleet leased motor vehicle is involved, and to the Federal Government Motor Vehicle Registration System.

(b) District of Columbia or State license plates. Report to your local security office (or equivalent) and either the District of Columbia Department of Transportation, or the State Department of Motor Vehicles, as appropriate.

Need assistance?