e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Feedback button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of January 26, 2021

Title 41Subtitle CChapter 102Subchapter BPart 102-34Subpart C → §102-34.120

Title 41: Public Contracts and Property Management
Subpart C—Identifying and Registering Motor Vehicles

§102-34.120   Do we need to register Government motor vehicles?

If the Government motor vehicle displays U.S. Government license plates and motor vehicle identification, you do not need to register it in the jurisdiction where the vehicle is operated, however, you must register it in the Federal Government Motor Vehicle Registration System. GSA Fleet may register motor vehicles leased from GSA Fleet. Motor vehicles that have been exempted from the requirement to display official U.S. Government license plates under section §102-34.160, §102-34.175 or §102-34.180 must be registered and inspected in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction where the motor vehicle is regularly operated.

Need assistance?