e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Feedback button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of January 15, 2021

Title 40Chapter ISubchapter IPart 279Subpart E → §279.42

Title 40: Protection of Environment
Subpart E—Standards for Used Oil Transporter and Transfer Facilities

§279.42   Notification.

(a) Identification numbers. Used oil transporters who have not previously complied with the notification requirements of RCRA section 3010 must comply with these requirements and obtain an EPA identification number.

(b) Mechanics of notification. A used oil transporter who has not received an EPA identification number may obtain one by notifying the Regional Administrator of their used oil activity by submitting either:

(1) A completed EPA Form 8700-12 (To obtain ordering information for EPA Form 8700-12 call RCRA/Superfund Hotline at 1-800-424-9346 or 703-920-9810); or

(2) A letter requesting an EPA identification number.

Call RCRA/Superfund Hotline to determine where to send a letter requesting an EPA identification number. The letter should include the following information:

(i) Transporter company name;

(ii) Owner of the transporter company;

(iii) Mailing address for the transporter;

(iv) Name and telephone number for the transporter point of contact;

(v) Type of transport activity (i.e., transport only, transport and transfer facility, transfer facility only);

(vi) Location of all transfer facilities at which used oil is stored;

(vii) Name and telephone number for a contact at each transfer facility.

[57 FR 41612, Sept. 10, 1992, as amended at 58 FR 26425, May 3, 1993; 58 FR 33342, June 17, 1993]

Need assistance?