e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Help button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of September 24, 2020

Title 34Subtitle BChapter IIPart 299Subpart E → §299.9

Title 34: Education
Subpart E—Services to Private School Students and Teachers

§299.9   What are the requirements concerning property, equipment, and supplies for the benefit of private school children and teachers?

(a) A agency, consortium, or entity must keep title to, and exercise continuing administrative control of, all property, equipment, and supplies that the agency, consortium, or entity acquires with funds under a program listed in §299.6(b) for the benefit of eligible private school children and their teachers and other educational personnel.

(b) The agency, consortium, or entity may place equipment and supplies in a private school for the period of time needed for the program.

(c) The agency, consortium, or entity shall ensure that the equipment and supplies placed in a private school—

(1) Are used only for proper purposes of the program; and

(2) Can be removed from the private school without remodeling the private school facility.

(d) The agency, consortium, or entity must remove equipment and supplies from a private school if—

(1) The equipment and supplies are no longer needed for the purposes of the program; or

(2) Removal is necessary to avoid unauthorized use of the equipment or supplies for other than the purposes of the program.

(e) No funds may be used for repairs, minor remodeling, or construction of private school facilities.

[62 FR 28252, May 22, 1997, as amended at 84 FR 31679, July 2, 2019]

Need assistance?