e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Help button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of September 23, 2020

Title 33Chapter ISubchapter OPart 154Subpart P → §154.2202

Title 33: Navigation and Navigable Waters
Subpart P—Marine Vapor Control Systems

§154.2202   Vapor line connections.

(a) 33 CFR 154.2101(a), (e), and (g) apply to a tank barge cleaning facility's (TBCF's) vapor control system (VCS).

(b) The remotely operated cargo vapor shutoff valve required by 33 CFR 154.2101(a) must be located upstream of the liquid knockout vessel required by 33 CFR 154.2201(e).

(c) A fluid displacement system must have a remotely operated shutoff valve installed in the fluid injection supply line between the point where the inert gas or other medium is generated and the fluid injection connection. The valve must comply with 33 CFR 154.2101(a)(1) through (6).

(d) Each hose used for transferring vapors must—

(1) Have a design burst pressure of at least 25 pounds per square inch gauge (psig);

(2) Have a maximum allowable working pressure (MAWP) no less than 5 psig;

(3) Be capable of withstanding at least the maximum vacuum rating of the vapor-moving device without collapsing or constricting;

(4) Be electrically continuous, with a maximum resistance of 10,000 ohms;

(5) Have flanges with a bolthole arrangement complying with the requirements for Class 150 ANSI B16.5 flanges (incorporated by reference, see 33 CFR 154.106);

(6) Be abrasion and kinking resistant; and

(7) Be compatible with vapors being transferred.

(e) Fixed vapor collection arms must meet the requirements of paragraph (d) of this section.

Need assistance?