e-CFR banner


e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources


Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

e-CFR data is current as of June 4, 2020

Title 31Subtitle BChapter VPart 515Subpart E → §515.562

Title 31: Money and Finance: Treasury
Subpart E—Licenses, Authorizations, and Statements of Licensing Policy

§515.562   Official business of the U.S. government, foreign governments, and certain intergovernmental organizations.

(a) The travel-related transactions set forth in §515.560(c) and such additional transactions as are directly incident to activities in their official capacities by persons who are employees, contractors, or grantees of the United States Government, any foreign government, or any intergovernmental organization of which the United States is a member or holds observer status, and who are traveling on the official business of their government or intergovernmental organization, are authorized.

(b) All transactions otherwise prohibited by this part that are for the conduct of the official business of the United States Government or of any intergovernmental organization of which the United States is a member, or holds observer status, by employees, grantees, or contractors thereof, are authorized.

Note to §515.562(a) and (b): Each person relying on the general authorization in this paragraph must retain specific records related to the authorized travel transactions. For example, grantees or contractors relying on the authorization in this section must retain a copy of their grant or contract with the United States Government, foreign government, or intergovernmental organization. See §§501.601 and 501.602 of this chapter for applicable recordkeeping and reporting requirements.

(c) An entire group does not qualify for the general license in paragraph (a) of this section merely because some members of the group qualify individually.

(d) Specific licenses. Specific licenses may be issued on a case-by-case basis authorizing the travel-related transactions set forth in §515.560(c) and such other transactions as are related to official government business that do not qualify for the general licenses under paragraph (a) or (b) of this section.

[80 FR 2295, Jan. 16, 2015]

Need assistance?