e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We???ve made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Help button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of August 6, 2020

Title 30Chapter IISubchapter BPart 250Subpart F → §250.613

Title 30: Mineral Resources
Subpart F—Oil and Gas Well-Workover Operations

§250.613   Approval and reporting for well-workover operations.

(a) No well-workover operation except routine ones, as defined in §250.601 of this part, shall begin until the lessee receives written approval from the District Manager. Approval for these operations must be requested on Form BSEE-0124, Application for Permit to Modify.

(b) You must submit the following with Form BSEE-0124:

(1) A brief description of the well-workover procedures to be followed, a statement of the expected surface pressure, and type and weight of workover fluids;

(2) When changes in existing subsurface equipment are proposed, a schematic drawing of the well showing the zone proposed for workover and the workover equipment to be used;

(3) All information required in §250.731.

(4) Where the well-workover is in a zone known to contain H2S or a zone where the presence of H2S is unknown, information pursuant to §250.490 of this part; and

(5) Payment of the service fee listed in §250.125.

(c) The following additional information shall be submitted with Form BSEE-0124 if completing to a new zone is proposed:

(1) Reason for abandonment of present producing zone including supportive well test data, and

(2) A statement of anticipated or known pressure data for the new zone.

(d) Within 30 days after completing the well-workover operation, except routine operations, Form BSEE-0124, Application for Permit to Modify, shall be submitted to the District Manager, showing the work as performed. In the case of a well-workover operation resulting in the initial recompletion of a well into a new zone, a Form BSEE-0125, End of Operations Report, shall be submitted to the District Manager and shall include a new schematic of the tubing subsurface equipment if any subsurface equipment has been changed.

[76 FR 64462, Oct. 18, 2011, as amended at 77 FR 50895, Aug. 22, 2012; 81 FR 26021, Apr. 29, 2016]

Need assistance?