e-CFR banner


e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources


Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

e-CFR data is current as of April 1, 2020

Title 27Chapter ISubchapter APart 19Subpart X → §19.677

Title 27: Alcohol, Tobacco Products and Firearms
Subpart X—Distilled Spirits for Fuel Use

§19.677   Large plant applications—organizational documents.

In addition to the information required by §19.676, any person who wants to establish a large plant must provide with the application the documents and other information specified in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section, as applicable, and must make those and related documents available for inspection by TTB as provided in paragraph (e) of this section.

(a) Corporate documents. If the applicant is a corporation, the applicant must provide the following:

(1) The corporate charter or a certificate of corporate existence or incorporation;

(2) A list of officers and directors with their names and addresses, other than officers and directors who will have no responsibilities in connection with the operation of the alcohol fuel plant;

(3) Certified minutes or extracts of board of directors meetings, showing those individuals authorized to sign for the corporation;

(4) A statement showing the number of shares of each class of stock or other basis of ownership, authorized and outstanding, and the voting rights of the respective owners or holders; and

(5) A list of the offices or positions, the incumbents of which are authorized by the articles of incorporation or the board of directors to act on behalf of the proprietor or to sign the proprietor's name.

(b) Partnership documents. If the applicant is a partnership, the applicant must provide a copy of the articles of partnership or association, or certificate of partnership or association if required to be filed by any State, county, or municipality.

(c) Limited liability company/limited liability partnership documents. If the applicant is a limited liability company or limited liability partnership or other entity recognized by law as a person, the applicant must provide a copy of the articles of organization, the operating agreement and the names and addresses of all members and managers.

(d) Statement of interest. (1) The application must include the names and addresses of the 10 persons that have the largest stock ownership, by stock class, or other interest in the corporation, limited liability company/limited liability partnership, or other legal entity, and the nature and amount of the stock or other interest of each, whether the interest is recorded in the name of the interested party or in the name of another for the interested party. If a corporation is wholly owned or controlled by another corporation, the appropriate TTB officer may request that the applicant furnish the same information for persons of the parent corporation.

(2) In the case of an individual owner or a partnership, the application must include the name and address of each person interested in the large plant, whether the interest is recorded in the name of the interested party or in the name of another for the interested party.

(e) Availability of documents. An applicant must make available to any appropriate TTB officer upon request all originals of documents submitted under this section and any additional related organizational documents such as articles of incorporation, bylaws, operating agreements and State certifications.

(26 U.S.C. 5181, 5271)

Need assistance?