e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Help button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of September 17, 2020

Title 25Chapter ISubchapter KPart 256Subpart D → §256.23

Title 25: Indians
Subpart D—Receiving Assistance

§256.23   Do I have to move out while work is done?

(a) You will be notified by your servicing housing office that you must vacate your house only if:

(1) It is scheduled for major renovations requiring that all occupants vacate the house for safety reasons; or

(2) It is scheduled for replacement, which requires demolition of your current house.

(b) If you are required to vacate the premises during construction, you are responsible for:

(1) Locating other lodging;

(2) Paying all costs associated with vacating and living away from the house; and

(3) Removing all your belongings and furnishings before the scheduled beginning work date.

Need assistance?