e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Help button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of September 24, 2020

Title 25Chapter ISubchapter HPart 170Subpart B → §170.130

Title 25: Indians
Subpart B—Tribal Transportation Program Policy and Eligibility

§170.130   How can Tribes obtain non-TTP funds for highway safety projects?

FHWA, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, BIA, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and other Federal agencies may have funding available for Tribes to address safety projects and activities. Please see the respective agency/department Web sites for further information or ask BIA or FHWA for assistance. If funding from these agencies does become available, Tribes may work with BIA or FHWA to include those funds through an ISDEAA contract or agreement, or other appropriate agreement for these projects. If the funding is title 23 funding that is originally made available to a State, the Tribe will need to work with the State to develop an agreement for the funding and work through the process identified in §170.627 of this part.

Need assistance?