e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Help button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of September 17, 2020

Title 25Chapter ISubchapter HPart 166Subpart I → §166.804

Title 25: Indians
Subpart I—Trespass

§166.804   What can I do if I receive a trespass notice?

If you receive a trespass notice, you will within the time frame specified in the notice:

(a) Comply with the ordered corrective actions; or

(b) Contact us in writing to explain why the trespass notice is in error. You may contact us by telephone but any explanation of trespass you wish to provide must be in writing. If we determine that we issued the trespass notice in error, we will withdraw the notice.

Need assistance?