e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Help button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of September 17, 2020

Title 25Chapter ISubchapter HPart 166Subpart C → §166.201

Title 25: Indians
Subpart C—Permit Requirements

§166.201   Must parents or guardians of Indian minors who own Indian land obtain a permit before using land for grazing purposes?

Parents or guardians need not obtain a permit for Indian lands owned by their minor Indian children if:

(a) Those minor children own 100 percent (%) of the land; and

(b) The minor children directly benefit from the use of the land. We may require the user to provide evidence of the direct benefits to the minor children. When one of the minor children becomes an adult, the permit will have to be obtained from the majority interest.

Need assistance?