e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Feedback button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of January 15, 2021

Title 25Chapter ISubchapter HPart 163Subpart B → §163.13

Title 25: Indians
Subpart B—Forest Management and Operations

§163.13   Indian tribal forest enterprise operations.

Indian tribal forest enterprises may be initiated and organized with consent of the authorized tribal representatives. Such enterprises may contract for the purchase of non-Indian owned forest products. Subject to approval by the Secretary the following actions may be taken:

(a) Authorized tribal enterprises may enter into formal agreements with tribal representatives for the use of tribal forest products, and with individual beneficial Indian owners for their forest products;

(b) Authorized officials of tribal enterprises, operating under approved agreements for the use of Indian-owned forest products pursuant to this section, may sell the forest products produced according to generally accepted trade practices;

(c) With the consent of the beneficial Indian owners, such enterprises may, without advertisement, contract for the purchase of forest products on Indian land at stumpage rates authorized by the Secretary;

(d) Determination of and payment for stumpage and/or products utilized by such enterprises will be authorized in accordance with §163.22. However, the Secretary may issue special instructions for payment by methods other than those in §163.22 of this part; and

(e) Performance bonds may or may not be required in connection with operations on Indian land by such enterprises as determined by the Secretary.

Need assistance?