e-CFR Navigation Aids


Simple Search

Advanced Search

 — Boolean

 — Proximity


Search History

Search Tips


Latest Updates

User Info


Agency List

Incorporation By Reference

eCFR logo

Related Resources

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

We invite you to try out our new beta eCFR site at https://ecfr.federalregister.gov. We have made big changes to make the eCFR easier to use. Be sure to leave feedback using the Feedback button on the bottom right of each page!

e-CFR data is current as of January 14, 2021

Title 21Chapter ISubchapter APart 21Subpart E → §21.54

Title 21: Food and Drugs
Subpart E—Procedures for Requests for Amendment of Records

§21.54   Amended or disputed records received from other agencies.

Whenever the Food and Drug Administration is notified that a record that it received from another agency was amended or is the subject of a statement of disagreement, the Food and Drug Administration shall:

(a) Discard the record, or clearly note the amendment or the fact of disagreement in its copy of the record, and

(b) Refer persons who subsequently request the record to the agency that provided it.

(c) If an accounting was made under §21.71 (d) and (e) of the disclosure of the record under §21.71(a), inform all previous recipients of the record about the amendment or provide to them the statement of disagreement and the agency statement, if any.

Need assistance?